Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Leading with Integrity


By Jennifer McCusker, '12, Delta Gamma

I learned a lot about myself as a leader during my time at The LeaderShape Institute in June. I appreciated learning how to develop my vision for the future and planning action steps to reach my vision. The vision I developed at LeaderShape is very broad, but I plan on using my experience from the program to create and act upon visions for Delta Gamma and teach other chapter management team members how to do the same. My favorite part of LeaderShape was taking the DiSC leadership style assessment. I found that learning about my leadership style and those of my peers helped me work better in groups, and I think taking this assessment would also benefit DG’s chapter management team.

The most important thing I learned at LeaderShape is to lead with integrity and have a healthy disregard for the impossible.