Wednesday, September 28, 2011

OFSA Intern Perspective: Jaclyn Halm


Hello Lehigh Greek Community,
               My name is Jaclyn Halm, and I am a senior studying History and Secondary Education at Rowan University. I am a proud member of Alpha Epsilon Phi, Phi Kappa chapter and currently hold the title of president. This summer I had the remarkable opportunity of fulfilling the position of an undergraduate intern at the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs at Lehigh. I was asked to write this blog in order to share with you not only what I experienced throughout the summer as an intern in OFSA, but to shed some light on all the interoffice happenings and improvements that took place.
Throughout the summer I worked closely with all of the OFSA staff on creating a presidents resource guide, as well as establishing Lehigh’s first Presidents’ Academy. The resource guide was a twenty-page document, which highlighted all the various opportunities and services that each office on campus could offer to a chapter. It also offered a listing in the appendix of all the programming provided by the university in order of which requirement they would fulfill for accreditation.
Through this experience I gained insight into what it was like to not only work on a daily basis within a campus community, but to work directly with an extremely successful staff that had amazing inter-office relations. Quite frankly, I was spoiled.  I learned what it was like to work with others as a team, as well as the importance of reliability within the workplace.