Tuesday, August 2, 2016

#MySummerAtLehigh



We're so sad to wish a #farewell to our hashtag talking, selfie stick loving, all-around amazing summer intern, Brooke Hubbard! We'll miss you and best of luck!  Here are a few thoughts from Brooke as she heads back to Kentucky...

When I began my internship search, I never imagined leaving the South let alone traveling over 1000 miles to the Northeast. Entering into my graduate program, I knew that the summer months in between my first and second year would consist of me seeking a summer internship. For me, it was important to experience something completely different than my current institution because I completed my undergrad here as well. Coming from a mid-size, public institution -- I welcomed the opportunity to experience a small, private institution such as Lehigh with a strong Greek Community.

From the beginning, the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs (OFSA) made me feel welcomed and at no point in the experience did I feel like a “summer intern”. Through staff meetings and team building opportunities they made it easy to become integrated into the office. It was refreshing to work with professionals who are continuously dedicated to fostering the personal growth of their students while also making a continuous effort to challenge chapters to thrive and excel within the Lehigh Greek Community.


Without the outstanding OFSA staff that I have had the privilege to work with at Lehigh, I would not be nearly as ready to enter my final year of graduate school and begin making decisions about my future career. Through my time at Lehigh, I gained wonderful colleagues and friends for years to come. Thank you all for continuously challenging me to be the best version of myself and I’m thrilled to have met so many wonderful people! Lehigh, you are a gem and I will greatly miss you!