Friday, September 9, 2016

Meet Malcolm McDaniel!


Malcolm McDaniel
Assistant Director, OFSA

Hometown: Queens Village, New York

Educational Background: 
B.S. in Speech Language Pathology and Audiology from Long Island University, Post Campus. 
M.S. Ed. in Higher Education Leadership and Policy Studies at Hofstra University

Affiliation: Latino America Unida/Lambda Alpha Upsilon Fraternity, Inc.

Professional Highlights: Being both a Fraternity and Sorority Life Graduate Assistant at both Hofstra University and The New York Institute of Technology-Old Westbury Campus in the same year!

Why did you decide to pursue a career in Fraternity and Sorority Affairs: Going through the expansion process to join my organization, I saw that there were differences in the way my campus was bringing IFC and Panhellenic organizations vs Culturally based groups. I wanted to understand why that was, learn what goes into advising Fraternities and Sororities, as well as be a supporter and advocate for Cultural Greek Lettered Organizations.

What do you hope to do during your time at Lehigh University: Besides enhancing the Fraternity and Sorority Life community here, I've quickly learned that Lehigh is a place with so much tradition that I want to learn and understand. I also hope that I am able to make a long lasting impact here in whatever form that may look like!

What has been your impression of the Lehigh Greek Community so far: There's so many members!! Haha. But so far everyone that I have had interactions with are friendly, welcoming, and inquisitive in learning more about myself as well as my fellow ADs. They're also very smart and do a lot of internships both nationally and internationally (which is way more than I ever did)