Thursday, March 23, 2017

Feature Friday: Danielle Campbell, Pi Beta Phi




Dani Campbell, Pi Beta Phi, attended both LeaderShape AND AFLV!  Read on to see what she learned...

Over the past two months I have had the wonderful opportunity to attend LeaderShape and the Association of Fraternal Leadership and Values Central Conference in Indianapolis.  During both of these conferences, I attended many workshops that taught me more about the world around me in college, and issues and dilemmas that I could be faced with in the future.  By learning about how to interact with other people, whether for professional or personal reasons, I was able to grow professionally and personally.  With various workshops on personal development, emotional integrity, conflict management, and many others, I am now able to take that with me into the future to better my friendships, my Greek chapter, and the campus community as a whole.

The best part of these two retreats was realizing the impact that the multitude of workshops was having on my perspective of the world around me.  At LeaderShape, we discussed how our vision should have a positive disregard for the impossible.   As humans, we have a tendency to believe that things are too immense for us to handle or too large for one person to make an impact.  I have taken up a new perspective that if we were all to set our minds to something we wanted to change, we could.  It may take time and a lot of effort, but it only takes one person with a voice or a vision to make a positive impact on our world.

Steps to making a difference look different for everyone. After attending AFLV, I was able to combine my knowledge from LeaderShape with my new knowledge from the workshops.  Since I am in a Greek chapter, I realized that I could start making a difference within my own chapter and within the Greek community.  This could hopefully create a domino effect to impact the entire Lehigh community.  One thing that I have decided to bring back to my chapter is a conflict management workshop to better our communication as individuals.  After talking with my chapter about confrontation and solving conflicts, hopefully they will then take this to their other peers outside the chapter, creating the domino effect for our community.


Everyone has a vision for a better world.  To make change, we have to act on this vision in any way we can, small or large.  It can begin with a small change in the activities or smaller communities you are a part of, ultimately impacting the larger community.   Additionally, holding our peers accountable for their actions and visions is an effective way to spark change in our communities.  It only takes one voice to change our world.