Members of the Lehigh fraternity and sorority community participated in Harassment and Gender Violence training across the fall and spring semesters. This training was provided by the Office of the General Counsel alongside Gender Violence Education and Support in an effort to strengthen the Lehigh University community and foster an environment that is welcoming, inclusive, and safe for all.
With the training effort coming to a close, we’d like to provide you with an update.
- Twenty training sessions were offered across the fall and spring semesters. Special thanks to the facilitators for leading this herculean effort.
- In total, 1327 fraternity and sorority members across 32 organizations or 84.1% of affiliated students have completed the training. This exceeded our overall participation goal of 75% of affiliated students.
- Nearly all chapters exceeded the goal and 75% or more of their members complete the training. Special shout out to these fraternities and sororities for their effort and awesomeness!!
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. (100%)
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. (100%)
- Lambda Sigma Upsilon Latino Fraternity, Inc. (100%)
- Mu Sigma Upsilon Sorority, Inc. (100%)
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. (100%)
- Alpha Epsilon Pi (100%)
- Alpha Chi Omega (95.1%)
- Psi Upsilon (94.6%)
- Alpha Gamma Delta (92.4%)
- Sigma Phi Epsilon (91.4%)
- Pi Beta Phi (90.9%)
- Chi Psi (90.6%)
- Kappa Alpha Theta (88.1%)
- Kappa Delta (87.2%)
- Chi Phi (86.3%)
- Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc. (85.7%)
- Phi Kappa Theta (85%)
- Alpha Omicron Pi (84.3%)
- Delta Upsilon (84.1%)
- Zeta Tau Alpha (84%)
- Theta Chi (83.7%)
- Alpha Phi (83.3%)
- Theta Xi (81.8%)
- Phi Sigma Kappa (81.3%)
- Alpha Tau Omega (79.1%)
- Gamma Phi Beta (76.6%)
- Delta Chi (76.2%)
- Kappa Alpha (76.1%)
- Kappa Sigma (75.8%)
- Pi Kappa Alpha (75.4%)
- Two organizations did not meet the 75% participation goal. They include the following:
- Phi Delta Theta (70.6%)
- Sigma Chi (73.1%)
How can I find out who from my chapter participated?
Email us and we'll be happy to share with you a list of participants.
If my chapter has fulfilled the requirement, what’s in store for us next?Harassment and Gender Violence training will now be offered to fraternities and sororities every two years and in a rotation with a number of other athletic teams, organizations, and clubs. We’ll be in touch again come Fall 2017. However, if your chapter would like to further explore this topic, please let us know and we’re happy to provide follow up trainings, workshops, discussions, etc. that meet your chapter’s needs.