The Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs is happy to announce that Kappa Delta Sorority will join the Lehigh University community as the Panhellenic Council’s ninth organization.
Kappa Delta will begin colonization efforts during the fall 2013 semester and participate in formal Panhellenic Recruitment during the spring 2014 semester. Kappa Delta will move into building number 82, Park House, in fall 2014.
Based on the criteria of the organization’s plan for success with the Lehigh University Accreditation Process; their Inter/National Headquarters’ extension/colony development plan; strength of alumni support; and their plan to operate a residential facility; the Panhellenic Extension Committee believes that Kappa Delta would be the best institutional fit. The Vice Provost for Student Affairs John Smeaton and the Panhellenic Council affirmed this recommendation and decision.
The rational for this recommendation and decision are as follows:
· Kappa Delta has an in-depth five year plan for the Lehigh University chapter around the areas of sisterhood; recruitment; retention; philanthropy; service; member education; officer training; scholarship; public relations; leadership; and visibility.
· Kappa Delta utilizes the University Learning Outcomes Assessment to measure how their member’s behaviors in areas of critical thinking; self-awareness communication; diversity; citizenship; membership leadership; and relationships compare to members of other sororities and unaffiliated women.
· Kappa Delta’s unique philanthropy, Confidence Coalition, focuses on promoting confidence among women around the world. Confidence Coalition has developed partnerships with several organizations, including Girl Scouts of the USA and National Eating Disorder Association. The committee believes that this philanthropy has the potential for numerous opportunities and partnerships.
· Kappa Delta Headquarters’ support is determined by the host institution’s campus culture and issues, not by region.
· Kappa Delta has a strong level of alumnae, regional, and Headquarters’ support. The sorority’s Extension Specialist resides in Bethlehem and a National Leadership Team member is employed at Lehigh University.
Questions about Panhellenic Extension should be directed to Danny Grzesik (Panhellenic Advisor) or Tim Wilkinson (Director of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs) at (610)758-4157.
For more information about Kappa Delta at Lehigh University, please contact Kirstin Barry, Extension and New Chapter Development Manager, at email@example.com or (901)748-1897.
Please join us in welcoming Kappa Delta to campus!