The Fraternity Facility Selection Committee is charged with the responsibility to determine which fraternity will be given the opportunity to move into House #97 (formerly occupied by Lambda Chi Alpha) and become a residential fraternity starting in Fall 2015.
- Applying chapters will have until Wednesday, February 18th, to hand in a packet based on selection criteria.
- Late the week of February 25th, each chapter will give a 45 minute presentation to the selection committee, followed by committee questions and answers. Presentations will be scheduled and coordinated via the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs.
- The committee will make a recommendation which will be forwarded to Vice Provost for Student Affairs John Smeaton for final review and affirmation.
- How has the chapter used Accreditation to grow as an organization?
- How can the chapter adapt Accreditation to assist in overall operations as a Residential chapter?
- Membership Numbers
- How has the chapter created a comprehensive recruitment plan to assist in the sustainability of the organization?
- How does the chapter believe moving to a facility will affect recruitment?
- How does the chapter plan to account for any necessary recruitment changes?
- Residential Transition Plan
- Facilities Management plan consistent with Accreditation
- Understanding of the role of officers, general members, new members and alumni in the running of the facility
- Opportunities for upper-class leadership both in the facility and for members living outside of the facility
- Plans for ensuring facility sustainability per the 90% Occupancy standard
- A financial support plan for facilities maintenance and upgrades beyond standard University provided services
- Consideration for Inter/National Headquarters policies/practices and support for residential facilities
- Understanding of the use Lehigh/Headquarters alcohol/social policy as it pertains the facility
- Chapter conduct record
The committee will be comprised of one member from each of the follow areas:
- Residential Services
- Dean of Students
- Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs
- Alumni Association/Greek Alumni Council
- Interfraternity Council
- Panhellenic Council
- Multicultural Greek Council