The Greek EMerging Leaders program is currently accepting applications for this fall leadership program.
Mentee Applications due March 6th!
Apply Here: goo.gl/KuoNNS
Any questions? Email Jessica Scott (email@example.com)
What is GEM?
The Greek EMerging Leaders (GEM) programs selects 35-40 outstanding new members each spring to participate in this semester leadership program in the fall. The program prepares students to be effective leaders and create positive change in their chapters and the Greek community.
Participants are broken up into several “councils” or small groups throughout the duration of the semester. Each council has a mentor pair who will lead interactive activities, small group discussion, and share personal experiences to help participants learn and grow as a leader.
- Attend the Induction Celebration on
- Attend overnight retreat at Camp Canadensis
- Attend and actively participate in all 7 90-minute sessions evenings at
- Be an active part of your assigned council during group discussion and outside of sessions
- Implement a group project and/or service initiative with fellow GEM mentees
- Be encouraged to meet with groups outside of required time, including campus speakers, other chapters’ events, etc.
Benefits of Membership
GEM is an opportunity to gain invaluable experience through the sessions and information conversations with students and staff. Several students who complete the program will also have the opportunity to receive scholarships to attend national leadership training opportunities, including UIFI and LeaderShape.
As a result of this experience, participants will:
- Learn more about their personal leadership style and how to utilize their strengths
- Develop their knowledge and understanding of the Lehigh Greek community
- Network with emerging leaders from various Greek chapters
- Network with professional staff to enhance their leadership development
- Receive 1:1 mentoring from leaders who have been involved in various roles on campus