GEM Mentor applications are live today!! For those who aren't familiar with the program, Greek Emerging Leaders (GEM) is a great opportunity for rising Juniors and Seniors who are interested in developing their leadership skills, serving as a positive role model for new members of the Greek community, and creating a vision for change in the Greek community at Lehigh.
For more information on being a GEM Mentor, please see the position description included below. Interested applicants can access the link to the application here as well.
2015-2016 Greek EMerging Leaders (GEM) Mentor Position Description
Being a GEM Mentor allows juniors and seniors to positively engage the newest leaders in the Greek community. Mentors are an integral part of the Greek Emerging Leaders program. Being a mentor allows you to develop essential leadership skills, while being a role model to future Lehigh leaders. Mentors shape the program by building relationships with the mentees, revising content for the overall program, and facilitating that content by engaging mentees in small and large group conversations about important issues in leadership and the Greek community.
- Planning and facilitating the major components of the GEM Program
- Preparing and developing curriculum for GEM sessions
- Marketing and recruiting new members and mentors
- Providing guidance and advice to prepare students for leadership positions
- Assisting in the recruitment of mentees, including marketing initiatives, reading applications, and conducting interviews
- Being present at all required events and meetings
Benefits of Participation:
- Connect with other mentors and students in various chapters in the Greek community
- Offer your advice and knowledge while getting experience in mentoring others
- Develop and refine skills such as facilitation, mentoring, effective communication, and giving/receiving feedback
- Develop a community of leaders who will make a difference in the Lehigh Greek community
- Eligibility for scholarships to attend national leadership conferences (i.e. UIFI)
Expectations & Important Dates:
- Attend Peer Educator Facilitator Training in February 2016
- Participate in the GEM Mentor 2016 Spring Retreat
- Attend the Mentee Induction Event in Spring 2016
- Meet weekly in the Spring 2016 semester
- Attend the GEM Retreat in August and all GEM sessions throughout the Fall semester
Interested applicants will complete an application by November 11 at 11:59 pm. Applicants will be interviewed by the GEM Coordinator and GEM Advisor. Mentors will be selected and notified before the end of the fall semester.