Friday, August 31, 2018

Feature Friday: Meet Phoebe Galbraith!



Meet Phoebe!  She started as an Assistant Director in July and is advising CGC.  Read on to learn more!

Name: Phoebe Galbraith
Position: Assistant Director
Hometown: Las Vegas, NV
Educational Background: B.S. in Psychology & Child and Family Studies - Boise State University
M.S. in College Student Personnel - University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Affiliation: Alpha Xi Delta Fraternity 

Professional Highlights: During graduate school I held an assistantship in New Student and Family Programs, where I had the opportunity to work with the Parent's Council, a leadership group comprised of parents and alumni of the university
  • I also had the opportunity to facilitate the Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment to students and staff across campus through my work with the Center for Leadership and Service
  • For my graduate capstone, I created a Diversity and Inclusion based recruitment program for NPC Chapters
Why did you decide to pursue a career in fraternity and sorority affairs? Being a sister of Alpha Xi Delta led me to many amazing opportunities during my undergraduate career and shaped me into the person I am today. The more involved I became, the more I realized the power of the fraternity and sorority experience and the positive impact our organizations can have on a college campus and beyond. When I started graduate school, I made it a point to get involved with other areas of Student Affairs, but always found myself drawn to fraternity and sorority life. After completing two internships with the Office of Sorority and Fraternity Life at UTK, I knew this was the only career for me!

What do you hope to do during your time at Lehigh University? I hope to create positive, supportive relationships with as many students and staff as possible! I want the students I work with to grow from their experiences here at Lehigh so I will strive to support that growth however I can. I'm also looking forward to truly becoming a member of this community and embracing all that Lehigh and South Bethlehem have to offer!

What has been your impression of the Lehigh Greek Community so far? So far, it seems that everyone I've met has been passionate about their organizations and the work you all are doing, which is exciting! I can tell that you all are incredibly driven and intelligent and are capable of taking our community to the next level.