Friday, September 14, 2018

Feature Friday: Meet Erin Andersen!



Meet Erin, the newest addition to our team!  She'll be advising IFC so stop by and say hi!

Name: Erin Andersen
Position: Assistant Director
Hometown: Savannah, Georgia
Educational Background: B.A in English and a M.Ed. in English Education from the University of North Georgia
Affiliation: Delta Zeta

Professional Highlights: For the past four years, I served as the Director of Member Education for Chi Phi Fraternity’s National Office in which I designed curriculum for national programs, worked with Chapters in regards to risk management, and helped to create a standardized new member education program. Previous to that I taught Freshman Composition courses at the University of North Georgia.

Why did you decide to pursue a career in fraternity and sorority affairs? While I was teaching on campus, I began serving as an advisor to a couple of different organizations. I found very quickly that this was my passion: working with students outside of a classroom setting where I could truly mentor them personally, professionally, and academically. And, given that my undergraduate Greek experience was a positive one, I knew I wanted to give back and help others see all the positives that Greek life had to offer (especially in regards to alumni support and networking).

What do you hope to do during your time at Lehigh University? I hope to build strong partnerships with students, faculty, and fellow staff as well as work with as many people as possible to help achieve the goals identified by OFSA, the Greek Councils and individual Chapters. My hope is that I can play a small roll in growing Greek life on campus along with showing the community the benefits that Greek Life has to offer.

What has been your impression of the Lehigh Greek Community so far? I have been incredibly impressed by everyone’s passion and energy! The one-on-one conversations I’ve had have shown that students are aware of their challenges, proud of their successes, and looking forward to this year being one of positive change. I am really looking forward to diving in and working with everyone, sharing ideas, and making this year a great one!