Friday, October 4, 2019

Feature Friday: Meet Andrew Dorriere!

Meet Andrew!  He'll be advising Panhellenic so stop by and say hi!

Name: Andrew Dorriere

Position: Assistant Director of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs

Council Advising: Panhellenic Council

Chapters Advising: Alpha Epsilon Pi, Gamma Phi Beta, Lambda Theta Alpha, 
Phi Delta Theta, Phi Kappa Theta, Phi Sigma Kappa, Pi Beta Phi, Theta Xi

Hometown: Cold Spring, Kentucky.

Educational Background: 
B.A. in History from Northern Kentucky University.
M.A. in Student Affairs Administration in Higher Education from Ball State University.

Greek Affiliation: Sigma Phi Epsilon (SigEp)

Professional Highlights:
I served as a practicum student at Zeta Tau Alpha my last semester of graduate school. I worked in the Office of Greek Life for two years as a Graduate Assistant at Ball State University. I completed an internship where I served as the Conference Desk Manager at Columbia University during the summer between my first and second year of graduate school. I also held several student worker positions during my time in undergrad and have also worked for Thomas More University.
Why did you decide to pursue a career in fraternity and sorority affairs?
I chose to pursue a career in Fraternity and Sorority Affairs because I absolutely loved my college experience in SigEp. I grew so much over my four years and became the leader I never thought I could be. I made some of my best friends in Greek Life that I am still incredibly close with to this day. I wanted to be able to foster and promote a positive experience for others that join fraternities and sororities while also promoting equity and inclusion. Fraternities and sororities have the power to make positive change on college campuses and want to help them achieve their goals.
What do you hope to do during your time at Lehigh University?
I hope to help the students make the change that they want to see. This is their college experience so I want to help students achieve their goals and create strong relationships with them as well. This is my first full-time job so I also hope to learn and grow alongside the students as well and take each challenge as a learning opportunity.

What has been your impression of the Lehigh Greek Community so far?
My impression is that the Lehigh Greek Community has an incredibly strong history at the university and is wanting to make positive change. They are not afraid to challenge the process and ensure that their voices are heard. It is refreshing to see students who are not afraid to speak up and advocate for themselves instead of just going with the flow. They have so many accomplishments to be proud of and I can't want to see more of them.