Good Afternoon All,
I hope you all have been doing well over the past few days. We have some important updates, so please read carefully and pass along to all chapter members.
2. The protocol for moving back in will be as follows:
Chapters must have at least five residential members present on campus at the same time between 2 – 6 p.m. today in order for your particular house to be re-opened. Once this group of 5 residents has been identified and they are present on campus ALL FIVE CHAPTER RESIDENTS MUST REPORT TO the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs in the Garden Level of the University Center between the hours of 2-6 pm today. We will need one of those five residents to serve as the official point of contact for OFSA. IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN FIVE RESIDENTS MOVING BACK IN, DO NOT BRING ALL OF THEM TO THE UC. WE ONLY NEED FIVE OF YOUR RESIDENTS PRESENT TO OPEN THE FACILITY. All reporting chapter members must be living in the chapter facility and be able to present identification in order for chapter facility doors to be opened by Access Control. Chapters not opening today can follow the same protocol tomorrow between the hours of 9-4 pm.
Once the GROUP OF five RESIDENTS has been identified and verified in person by Lehigh staff in OFSA, remaining chapter members may move back in as they arrive to campus without notifying OFSA.
Lehigh staff and LUPD will be conducting walk-thrus of all facilities on a regular basis over the next few days. IF YOUR OCCUPANCY FALLS BELOW FIVE AT ANY TIME OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS, THOSE RESIDENTS WILL BE EVACUATED FROM THE HOUSE. WE MUST HAVE AT MINIMUN FIVE RESIDENTS IN A BUILDING TO KEEP IT OPEN FOR SAFETY PURPOSES. Chapter members are expected to keep keys and identification on them at all times.
3. MEALS: Dinner this evening is available 4:30 – 6 pm in Cort Dining Hall / UC for residents at no additional charge. Beginning tomorrow you may need to be prepared to make food chapter food arrangements or be charged for meals eaten on campus.
Chapter members must present identification and inform Cort staff as to their affiliation.
4. Due to the nature of the storm, ABM staff have removed much of the perishable food left in chapter kitchens. In many cases, frozen food has been left for your chef to make a more informed determination on. Please do not risk eating any perishable items that may have been left in chapter facilities, until your chef has assessed the situation.
Please touch base with your food service provider and chapter chef to discuss food shipments in anticipation of resuming regular meals in the chapter facilities as soon as possible. Please confirm with your Assistant Director once you have a status as to food shipments.
5. Lehigh staff have locked off all chapter bedrooms in order to ensure security for chapter members. If chapter members return to campus without a key, they may contact Access Control at x83940 during business hours for a lockout. Otherwise, chapter members will have to wait until regular business hours, or for the House Manager to return.
6. Knowing the chapter facilities were most likely left in a hurry, we expect that effort is made upon your moving back in to clean up the facilities and restore them to a condition expected by the Offices of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs and Residential Services.
7. Please continue to remind chapter members about following PA State, Lehigh and Inter/National Headquarters laws and policies regarding conduct in the facility. Our expectation is that chapter members will continue to display a conduct that we expect from them, especially as the campus moves forward over the next few days.
Thank you all for your continued cooperation over the past few days. We will keep you all in the loop as more information comes. If you have further questions, please call your Assistant Director or the Emergency Line at 610-758-1000.