Good Afternoon Chapter Presidents,
As I am sure you know, there is the potential for rough weather in the next few days. Per Provost Farrell's message earlier today, we encourage members of the Lehigh community to check the Lehigh website atwww.lehigh.edu for updates, or to register to receive LU-ALERTs, the text messaging system that can quickly communicate during emergencies.
The link to register for LU-ALERTs is:
Please note that, at this time, there are no plans to cancel any scheduled events or activities this weekend or to alter the upcoming week’s class schedule in any way. An update will be posted on the university’s website at www.lehigh.edu at 5 p.m. Sunday, October 28th. For information and resources regarding emergency preparedness, please visit www.lehigh.edu/emergency. You can also find updated information at 610-758-NEWS (610-758-6397) and on the university’s Facebook page at www.facebook/LehighU and on Twitter: @LehighUNews. We will also be updating you via text message from your Assistant Director and posting on the @LUGreeks blog and twitter feed. Please look for these.
Students are encouraged to consider the following precautions in advance of the storm:
• Be sure to use caution and good judgment if you need to be outside during periods of heavy rain or high winds.
• Ensure your cell phones are fully charged by this weekend.
• Prepare for a possible power outage by having flashlights and extra batteries. Keep
in mind that you cannot use candles or open flames in campus buildings. For fire safety
reasons, off campus students should not use candles or open flames.
• Ensure windows and doors remain closed during the storm. Students in residence halls should seek necessary assistance from Gryphons on your floor. Those students living in fraternity or sorority houses should seek assistance from the individuals in charge of your house.
• In cases of extreme emergency - such as reporting a fire, crime or medical
emergency - please call the Lehigh University Police Department at
• Please share information and updates with your parents and encourage them to go towww.lehigh.edu for official updates and information from the university